Effective: March 08, 2013
Terms and Conditions of Use
Thank you for visiting our website ("Website"). This Website is published and maintained by Yamaha Corporation of America, its
("Agreement") constitutes a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity ("you"
or "user"), and Yamaha concerning your access to and use of the Website. Please carefully read this Agreement before using the Website. If
you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, please do not use the Website.
You can use the Website in several ways: (a) you can simply view the Website; (b) you may also access this Website or pages via your mobile device, or
(b) you may use the interactive features that Yamaha, its business partners, or third-party service providers make available on the Website or various mobile
applications (apps) from time to time.
The Website is not intended for minors or children under 18 years of age. Yamaha does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
If you are under the age of 18, you may not use this Website or cause your Personal Information to be submitted to the Website.
- Yamaha's Proprietary Rights. You acknowledge and agree that this Website, including, without limitation, the text, software,
scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, digital images, audio clips, music, data, sayings, interactive features and the like ("Materials") and the registered and
unregistered trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to Yamaha, subject to copyright and other intellectual
property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. Materials on the Website are provided to you AS IS for your information
and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any
other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. Yamaha reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the
Website, Marks and the Materials. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Materials other than expressly permitted by
Yamaha, including any use, copying, or distribution of third parties' materials obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes. You agree not to
circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Materials
or enforce limitations on use of the Website or the Materials therein.
- Grant of License to Yamaha. You will retain ownership of the Contributions (defined below) that you post, contribute and upload
to the Website. By making a Contribution to the Website, you hereby grant to Yamaha a perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, irrevocable,
sublicensable worldwide license to use, modify, create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, rent, resell and distribute such
Contribution through the Website, in all media now known or hereafter created and in any other manner in Yamaha's sole discretion subject to the condition
that Yamaha will provide you with worldwide attribution.
Responsibility for User’s Material
- Rules Governing Public Communications, Forums and Interactive Features. The Website may provide forums and other features for
content of, and any harm resulting from any postings to the Website and all other submissions to the Website (collectively,
"Contributions"). When you create or make available a Contribution, you represent and warrant that you:
- own or have sufficient rights to post your Contributions on or through the Website;
- will not post Contributions that violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of Yamaha or any other
- have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to Contributions, agree to pay for all royalties, fees and any other monies owing any person
by reason of Contributions that you posted to or through the Website;
- will not post Contributions that: (i) are defamatory, damaging, disruptive, unlawful, inaccurate, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, threatening,
excessively violent, harassing, advocate the violent overthrow of the government of the United States, incite, encourage or threaten immediate physical harm
against another, including but not limited to Communications that promote racism, bigotry, sexism, religious intolerance or harm against any group or
individual, or (ii) contain material that solicits personal information from anyone under 18 or exploit people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent
- will not post Contributions that contain advertisements or solicit any person to buy or sell any products or services (other than Yamaha products and
services) unless authorized by Yamaha;
- will not use the Website for any commercial purpose, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of other users by electronic or other means
for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other electronic communications, or engaging in unauthorized framing of, or linking to, the Website without
the express written consent of Yamaha;
- will not post Contributions that constitute, contain, install or attempt to install or promote spyware, malware or other computer codes, whether on
Yamaha's or others' computers, devices, or equipment, designated to enable you or others to gather information about or monitor the online or other
activities of another party;
- will not transmit chain letters, bulk or junk email, or interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Website or the networks or services
connected to the Website, including, without limitation, hacking into the Website;
- will only submit information that is truthful and accurate; you will maintain the accuracy of such information, and will not impersonate any other person
or entity, sell or let others use your profile or password, provide false or misleading identification or address information, or invade the privacy, or
violate the personal or proprietary right, of any person or entity;
- will not provide material support or resources (or conceal or disguise the nature, location, source or ownership of material support or resources) to any
organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to Section 210 of the Immigration and Nationality
- will not accept payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any activity on the Website;
- will not use the system to send unsolicited or commercial emails, bulletins, comments or other communications. As a reasonable estimation of such harm,
you agree to pay Yamaha $50 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the Website; and
- Further, you represent that you are a resident of a country that does not restrict or prohibit your use of websites or apps such as this Website or
Yamaha's apps, and that you will comply with all local rules and laws of your country, province, state, territory or geopolitical region regarding online
conduct and acceptable use of websites and this Website.
- No Commercial Use by Users. The Website is for the personal use of users only and may not be used in connection with any
commercial endeavors, except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Yamaha. You shall not engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the
Website without the express written consent of Yamaha.
- Device information. You agree that when you are connected to our services via custom applications (apps) or Wi-Fi, we may
collect device-specific information such as your hardware model, operating system, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone
number. We may associate your unique device identifier or phone number with information that you may have used to register for certain services or purchase
products. Server logs that are maintained by us or by our third-party service providers may contain information about the services that you have used, and
your device-specific information. We may also maintain digital communications logs that track information like your phone number, calling-party number,
forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls. We may use your device's IP address or MAC address
to track device-event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and
- Specialized information. You agree that we may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your
you interact with services such as advertising services offered by us or our business partners. Certain services may include a unique application number in
connection with the installation of apps. This number and information, including, without limitation, operating system type and app version number may be
sent to our service providers when you install, update or uninstall apps. You agree to this type of transfer and use of your personal and device information.
You agree that we may also collect and process information about your actual location. For example, we may acquire your device's GPS signals. We may also use
various technologies to determine your location based on information collected via our Wi-Fi access points, custom sensors, and cell towers.
This Site may contain sweepstakes or contests that require you to send in material or information about yourself or may offer prizes. Each sweepstakes or
contest has its own rules which you must read and agree to before you may enter.